Come cheer on our St. John Lions basketball teams! St. John Basketball schedule is under "calendars" or see the schedule of upcoming games by clicking on the "Read More" bar below.
The basketball season is busy as always! We have had over 40 basketball games between the four teams. Our teams have placed well in the tournaments so far this January. Our B boys took 3rd place at the Risen Savior Tournament. Our A girls also took 3rd place at the Mount Olive Tournament. We look forward to competing at the St. Martin’s A team tournament and the PLS B team tournament to end January basketball. The A teams also continue working hard for the MLC tournament to end our basketball season. If you ever have any free time, come cheer on the Lions at the different games and tournaments that are left this season. Event times and other information can be found on the school website and calendar.
Mr. Brassow, Athletic Director
From the Principal’s Desk:
The Christmas tree is gone; the lights and decorations have been put away and as you look around there may not be many signs that Christmas ever took place, but I hope and pray that is not true. May the joy of the Christmas manger where our Savior from sin was born, be in your hearts always. As you may have sung during an Advent or Christmas worship service, “Go Tell It On the Mountain” let that be how you go into 2018, telling others about our Savior Jesus.
- Acoustic Tiles for Gym ($5,000)
- Bleachers for Gymnasium ($9000) (32 foot retractable)
- Outdoor Basketball Hoops ($2000 each)
- Tetherball ($200)
- New Computer Towers ($250 each)
- Hexagon Computer tables (2 needed) ($400 per table)
- iPads ($340 each)
- Chromebooks ($200 each)
- Outdoor light at end of driveway
- School sign by pond ($10,000-15,000)
- Lighting System for Plays & Performances ($5,000-$7,000)
- Recycle bins for all classrooms and computer room ($350)
- Window Blinds for Commons due to sunlight ($2,500)
- Tables for Small group room in the new addition
- Floor Cleaning Machine for concrete floors ($6000)
Making disciples of Jesus Christ through the Word and a Christ-centered curriculum.
The motto: ONE IN THE LIGHT
emphasizes the school's role to
- OUTREACH to the community,
- NURTURE the faith which begins at baptism and
- EQUIP to serve the Lord.