From the Principal’s Desk:
It seems the theme for this Epistle should be Snow Days. Hopefully we can get a full week of school in soon. The blessing would be keeping our children safe and not being on the roads or waiting at the bus stops.
Our faculty continues to work on our MNSAA Accreditation renewal as well as our Social Studies curriculum study. We have started the process of looking into items that will need to be worked on for next year. We call it “Summer Planning” which the word “summer” sure seems great right now.
We look forward to what the Lord has planned for us to fill our two classroom vacancies. Mr. Glenn Metzger has accepted his call to St. Lucas, near Milwaukee, WI leaving a vacancy in grade 6. We have a vacancy in grade 2 right now, but our voters have extended a Call to Miss Christine Swoboda from Shepherd Lutheran in Albuquerque, NM. Please keep her in your prayers.
We know the Lord has it all figured out and so we leave it all in his hands. Thank you to all the people who continue to pray for our students, parents, and staff. We truly appreciate your dedication to the ministry taking place at St. John Lutheran School. Blessings to you all.
Principal Dave Gartner
- Bleachers for Gymnasium ($16,000) (32 foot retractable)
- Soccer Goals for Little Lions ($4,000)
- Tetherball ($200)
- Chromebook Computers (20 - $4,000)
- iPads ($500 each - 10-20)
- Update Smartboards/Projectors ($3,000 each)
- Outdoor light at end of driveway
- School sign by pond ($10,000-15,000)
- Lighting System for Plays & Performances ($5,000-$7,000)
- Stage for Musicals ($5,000)
Making disciples of Jesus Christ through the Word and a Christ-centered curriculum.
The motto: ONE IN THE LIGHT
emphasizes the school's role to
- OUTREACH to the community,
- NURTURE the faith which begins at baptism and
- EQUIP to serve the Lord.