Mr. Brassow, Athletic Director
From the Principal’s Desk:
He is Risen! He is Risen Indeed! Hallelujah! What Joy these sentences give to us! I hope and pray that you and your family had a blessed Easter.
The students and teachers just finished with their Spring Break which will rejuvenate and energize our minds and bodies. This will allow us all to push ourselves and finish up the school year working as diligently as possible.
Once again St. John has hired a professional company called Prairie Fire Children’s Theatre to do our upper grade musical this year. We will be performing “Robin Hood” on April 20-21. April 20 will have a dinner served before the 6:30 p.m. show and the April 21st show will be at 1:00 p.m. It is amazing that the team comes in to our school on Monday and by Friday they are presenting the musical to the audience. Last year we had about 350 people come to the two shows. They provide the scenery, costumes, props, make-up, and the know how! Last year was our first year using PFCT and we are looking forward to another year of learning great things from a theater group that does this for a living. Come out and enjoy one or both of the shows and come early for dinner on Friday, April 20.
Principal Dave Gartner
- Bleachers for Gymnasium ($16,000) (32 foot retractable)
- Soccer Goals for Little Lions ($4,000)
- Tetherball ($200)
- Chromebook Computers (20 - $4,000)
- iPads ($500 each - 10-20)
- Update Smartboards/Projectors ($3,000 each)
- Outdoor light at end of driveway
- School sign by pond ($10,000-15,000)
- Lighting System for Plays & Performances ($5,000-$7,000)
- Stage for Musicals ($5,000)
Making disciples of Jesus Christ through the Word and a Christ-centered curriculum.
The motto: ONE IN THE LIGHT
emphasizes the school's role to
- OUTREACH to the community,
- NURTURE the faith which begins at baptism and
- EQUIP to serve the Lord.